EBDC Process

6.) Innovate and submit (4 Jan – 30 April 2021)

EUROPEAN BIOMIMICRY DESIGN CHALLENGE

6.) Innovate and submit

On 4 January 2021 the European Biomimicry Design Challenge starts. Registered teams have access to the collaboration platform and the Challenge working environment with a four step process that is designed to help you deliver your solution. Deadline for submission of your final solution is 30 April 2021, 23.59 CET.

The process is used by the Biomimicry Academy and the COBIOM incubator to obtain quality results in a short amount of time while matching user and market needs to responsible solutions. After your registration, you follow the process steps in the working environment we provide. You will submit 3 intermediate results in the process, collaborate with other teams on the collaboration platform, and in the end hand in your final solution, all on one platform, easy and transparent.

Submission of your solution

You submit your final solution in the working environment the same way you submitted the intermediate steps. There is a submission fee of 100 € to cover the costs the online tools you were using. This fee only applies if you sumit your final solution and does not apply to sponsored challenges. It is payable via paypal. The submission consists of 2 parts:

  1. A booklet that describes your project, solution and team
  2. A video that presents your project and solution

Evaluation criteria

Your submission is evaluated by 3 judges from the fields of bioinspiration and entrepreneurship. Their judgement accounts for 75%, the other 25% are points you collect through collaboration on the platform.

Each of the three intermediate steps of the process on the Challenge environment will be registered and adds to the final evaluation.

Evaluation criteria and weights
Biomimicry process25 %
Context and relevance 20 %
Social and enviromental benefits20 %
Creativity10 %
Presentation and communication10 %
Team diversity and expertise15 %

Author


Avatar